WHAT IS SALT THERAPY?
Salt Therapy (often referred to as “Halotherapy”) is a powerful, natural process in which clients relax in our private room while inhaling dry, salt-enriched air deep down into the lungs. The salt loosens and clears mucus, while also reducing inflammation making more room in the airways for you to breathe. Salt therapy is like using a toothbrush for your lungs and skin; everyone can benefit! Salt therapy may ease many respiratory conditions, prevent you from catching the common cold or flu, help slow the aging process, increase overall wellness, detox the lungs & skin, help relax and alleviate stress and even help you sleep better. For athletes, it can enhance athletic endurance and accelerate recovery time.
CLEAN THE LUNGS
- Salt is anti-bacterial, so it is able to neutralize germs & prevents you from getting sick
- The anti-inflammatory properties help to widen the airways, creating more room for you to breathe
- It is mucolytic, which means it helps to break down the mucus that causes you to feel stuffy & congested
- It prevents the immune system from over-reacting to asthma/allergy triggers by reducing “IgE” levels
PURIFY THE SKIN
- Salt has anti-septic, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-viral effects which help to fortify the skin’s protective barrier
- It helps to soothe any irritation, inflammation, swelling, redness, itching,or rash
- Gently and effectively boosts exfoliation, removing dull, dead skin cells and debris from the surface. This can help clear impacted follicles and prevent acne formation.
- Skin conditions are often worsened by stress, and when clients take in the benefits of salt therapy in our unique, peaceful atmosphere, they are likely to experience a much greater sense of calm and well-being.
CLEAR YOUR HEAD
- Salt particles emit negative ions, which have a wide variety of different health benefits
- Injured and diseased cells are electron-deficient, so exposing the body to an electron-rich environment full of negative ions benefits and heals damaged cells
- Negative ions increase the flow of blood and oxygen to the brain which improve energy levels and elevate mental concentration and performance
- Improve sleeping patterns which leads to more energy and alertness when waking up
- Balances the levels of serotonin, an important neurotransmitter made in the brain, which causes a positive effect on mood and behavior
NOTE: When you book a salt therapy appointment, you are reserving the entire room. Prices shown are per person, however, feel free to bring friends and family to share the experience! We can accomodate up to 4 people in one session. We do not charge for children under 12, however they must be accompanied by an adult. We offer Salt Therapy at both Babylon & Bayside locations.
For any additional questions, please call or send us an email!
What Sets Us Apart?
- First Cryotherapy Facility on Long Island
- Most Affordable Prices in the New York area
- Open 7 Days/Week, Walk-ins Welcome!
- Family Owned and Operated